Friday, September 10, 2010

It has begun.





When we first looked at this house, the kitchen is what sold me. Well, to be honest, I loved just about everything about the house. And the yard. It had been beautifully restored all around. But the kitchen. I just loved it. The owners had taken down a wall between the very small kitchen and butler's pantry to make a really nice, updated but still old-fashioned kitchen, with great big windows. granite countertops, and wooden floors. The upper cabinets have the original glass and are white, perfect for displaying our multi-colored Fiestaware. There are some changes we want to make, but they will be very gradual as we can afford them. We got a start this week, when Lowe's made us an offer we couldn't refuse on the Samsung refrigerator we've had our eye on for a while.

So, here are our first before and after kitchen pictures. Before, complete with all the cross country schedules, homeschool notes, and a 1980s picture of my uncle and cousin during their Grizzly Adams phase stuck to the fridge. And after, with the stainless one that isn't magnetic. Oops. Don't know how I'm going to keep up with everything now!

Next stop: replacing those brass knobs and handles with some that will go better with the stainless appliances. And that cable hanging down in front of the old fridge? There's the perfect spot for a little flat screen TV up on top of that cabinet. You know, so I can watch The Food Network while I'm cooking away. Sadly, I'm afraid I'm a little more Paula Deen than Giada De Laurentiis.

No comments:

Post a Comment