Monday, April 11, 2011

Roses

I need to thank the person (or persons) who planted the more than 2 dozen roses in our front and back yards. I cut them back at the end of February and now, with the very warm temps we've had, they are looking great. I'm not exaggerating when I say there are hundreds of buds on them right now. There are all kinds of roses: the grandiflora and hybrid teas with their gorgeously huge blooms, (I've already cut a couple that are more than 4" across.), the climbing roses, one of which has overtaken the backyard arbor, and some I don't recognize, including my favorite, a red and white beauty that, after a little research, seems to be a native of Italy. My husband Chris gave me 3 knock-out rose bushes for Valentine's Day that I've added to the mix.

Here are a few pictures of some of the roses from our yard:





No comments:

Post a Comment